When I first started my website these Butterscotch Marshmallow Blondies were one of the very first recipes I posted. I admittedly had no clue what I was doing when I first started posting recipes. There was one awful photo, the recipe wasn’t printable and there was no real description. I literally don’t think anyone ever clicked on it to read the recipe, which I completely understand. Now that I am finally starting to go back to fix all these recipes, this is the first one I am replacing. It is still one of my favorite recipes of all time!
I have been making butterscotch marshmallow blondies ever since I was a little girl. It was definitely one of the first recipes I ever tried to make on my own, and have memories of my mom trying to help me make them. Butterscotch is a really nostalgic flavor to me because of this. And there are a lot of different flavors in these brownies that meld together for a really tasty combination.
I think of these as blondies, because there is no cocoa powder in them and the cake is a golden color. But there are a ton of chocolate chips in these, so they do end up being really chocolatey. So to me, they are kind of a brownie/blondie mash up. The marshmallows also melt into the batter while these cook, so you cant see them, but the marshmallow flavor and gooeyness still remain.
These are also really simple to make. I think simple recipes are so important, because you never know when you’ll need to whip something up last minute. For this you don’t have to use any kind of mixer, just a regular spoon works. And you just have to have a big microwave safe bowl to mix everything up in. Then just put pour the mix in the pan and bake it, so easy!
Butterscotch Marshmellow Blondies
- 1/2 cup butter
- 1 cup butterscotch chips
- 1 1/2 cups all purpose flour
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 2 large eggs
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 cups miniature marshmallows
- 2 cups semi-sweet chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Line a 9×13 inch pan with parchment paper.
- In a large, microwave safe bowl, heat butterscotch chips and butter in 20 second intervals until they are melted together, stir until smooth.
- Stir in the flour, brown sugar, baking powder, eggs and vanilla extract until well mixed. Fold in the mini marshmallows and chocolate chips.
- Spread the mixture evenly in the prepared pan. Bake for 20-25 minutes in the preheated oven until the edges pull away from the pan and the center is set.