Cream sauce is my favorite kind of sauce. If it was healthier, I would probably put a cream sauce on everything. This mushroom cream sauce is undoubtably the best mushroom sauce Ive ever had. Because it includes white wine, chicken broth and heavy cream it has a really great flavor that rivals any restaurant mushroom sauce I’ve ever had. It is also incredibly easy, and this meal can be finished within a half hour of starting.
Fettucine with Mushroom Cream Sauce
- 1 package fettuccine
- 2 tbs butter
- 1 tbs olive oil
- 8 oz mushrooms sliced
- pinch salt and pepper
- 3 garlic cloves minced
- 1/2 cup dry white wine
- 1/2 cup chicken broth
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 1/2 cup Parmesan grated
- Prepare the pasta according to the package directions and drain. Set aside.
- Add olive oil and butter to a large skillet. Heat until butter is melted. Add mushrooms to the skillet and generously season with salt and pepper. Cook the mushrooms until golden brown (approximately 5 minutes).
- Add the minced garlic to the skillet and cook for one minute, until the garlic is golden (don’t overcook the garlic or it can become bitter).
- Add the white wine to the skillet and stir. Let simmer for 2-3 minutes until most of the wine is evaporated.
- Add the cream, broth and Parmesan. Lower the heat and simmer the sauce for approximately 5 minutes until it thickens slightly. This is will not be a thick sauce.
- Add the cooked pasta to the skillet and toss the pasta in the sauce until it is coated.