These delicious Chocolate Banana Muffins have won me blue ribbons at both the county and state fair for best muffin. They manage to retain the banana flavor, even though chocolate can usually tend to be overwhelming. They are easy to make and will impress anyone you feed them to.
Blue Ribbon Double Chocolate Banana Muffins
- 1/2 cup butter
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1/4 cup white sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 3 medium bananas mashed
- 1/4 cup sour cream
- 1 cup all purpose flour
- 1/2 cup cocoa powder
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1 cup milk chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Spray muffin pan with non-stick spray or put muffin liners in each cup.
- Add the butter and sugars to a mixing bowl and mix until well combined.
- Beat in the egg, vanilla, banana, and sour cream.
- Stir in the flour, cocoa powder, baking soda, and salt.
- Fill each muffin cup two-thirds full. Sprinkle the tops with chocolate chips and gently press them into the batter.
- Bake for 20-25 mins, until risen, firm to the touch and a toothpick inserted in the middle comes out clean.
- Let cool completely before serving.