This is my absolute favorite recipe for chocolate chip cookies. They are crispy on the outside and soft in the middle and everyone gobbles them up when I bring them places. In fact, I brought these cookies on my first date with my fiance to give to him. So there’s a chance these cookies can ultimately get you a proposal.
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 1/2 cup white sugar
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon hot water
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup semisweet chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F
- Cream together the butter, white sugar, and brown sugar.
- Beat in the egg, then add in the vanilla and salt.
- Dissolve the baking soda in hot water. Add the mixture to the batter.
- Stir in the chocolate chips.
- Add the flour to the batter until mixed.
- Drop by large spoonfuls onto ungreased pans.
- Bake for 10 minutes in the preheated oven, or until edges are nicely browned.